Jaipur Foundation Day; Celebration Time ,also reminder to Save Cultural Heritage

Today Jaipur citizens celebrate Jaipur 's Founation Day .The staue of  Sawai Jai Singh at Statue Circle reminds of his  multi-faceted  personality reflected in planning  this world famous city.
Way back in 1976,when I was working as Deputy  Secretary  GAD and Cabinet a suggestion was received   by then  Chief Secretary  Shri Mohan Mukherjee that. State Government should celebrate  250th year of Jaipur's foundation. I as his Deputy 
 Secretary had to  process the same on file which I did.Among other things, it was pointed out that in order  to plan large scale celebration activities we should have consultations. 
Chief Secretary directed me on the file to consult Shri AK Roy State Industrial Adviser and his batchmate who, as research study, had  recently published  book named ,A History of Jaipur.I called on him with file. Without  much thought  he wrote on the file " Why not celebrate 250th  Founation  Day of Jaipur .We may not be here for the 300th Founation  Day".
Predictably, both officers  have passed  away.Japur did celebrate it's 250TH Founation Day in 1977.I don't  recall  details as I was  then posted as Collector  Bharatpur
By way of comments readers can throw lights on this.
This blog is my tribute to two stalwarts of IAS Cadre of Rajasthan. Hopefully we may be alive to see the dawn of  300th Founation  Day in November 2027 and celebrations,fairs festival and festivities etc.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GAD & Cabinet Department Posting: Experience in Emergency Administration

1971 Indo-Pak War Diary- 2 :--Mig 21 AF Plane Saved Barmer Town

Surat Sojourn and Rafi Night