How Mistaken Identity Saved Me
If I can recall correctly it was March 1976 when I went to Bhadra Panchayat Samiti as Collector ,Sriganganagar to hold an enquiry against then Pradhan for certain misconduct and wrongful action. Before my departure next morning , I was sitting outside Dak Bungalow sipping early morning tea on the small lawn basking in the sunshine and musing over day's planned activities on way back to Dist.Headquarters,which was nearly 135 kms away.
As I was about to go inside to get ready before departure I was greeted by a turban wearing old farmer with an application in hand but failing to recognise my Identity asked me politely, 'Beta! Papa ko Kah do ek Kashtkar milnea chahta hai ' .He left no time and scope for me to ask him to hand over the application in his hand.My short stature. measuring approximately 5..5 inches and youngish looks at the age of 44 years led him to my imagined mistaken Identity.
Be that as it might, I decided to see him before my departure. But when I was going to sit in my car at the porch I called for the person waiting to see me.Apparently,having come to know his failure to identify me he had decided to run away before I came out to ask for his application.Probably he had come to know the facts and unconsciously prevented the episode to result in comedy of
errors. I too decided to forget it .My staff were also discreet enough to do the same.
Old age memory at times recalls and refreshes such episodes to cheer us and others who care to read them
Comments
Post a Comment