Humility personified Bharat Ratna: Bismillah Khan
Rajmal Surana Sangit Samaroh is held every year on 4th- 5th January and is scheduled at Maharana Pratap Hall ' Vidyaashram Jaipur this year also under the auspices of Shruti Mandal.
In 2004 this Samaroh was scheduled at Rajya Mandir Cinema Hall at 7PM.
As I was entering the hall from the front door I came face to face with Bharat Ratna Ustad Bismillah Khan.
Being native of a village near Varanasi I could not resist the temptation of greeting him.As he smiled I asked him if he had played Shahnai at the birthday celebration Varanasi Advocate Vishnu Behariji'son .He laughed and loudly said "Haan Lalla Babu bola na.Unke betwa Kunwarji ke hone par badhai mein khoob baje rahe hum" I told him that he was my eldest brotherProfessorVCSrivastava's Sale Saheb. I ushered him to his seat in the front row and parted company.
Ustad Bismillah Khan , an angel soul was humility personified and left an indelible impression on my mind to make that meeting with him a cherishable memory.
May God bless him in heaven.
Comments
Post a Comment